How to Be More Authentic Online
One of the biggest challenges that new entrepreneurs face is learning how to balance their privacy while showcasing their vulnerability. It is a challenge but it is possible to be the real without putting out EVERYTHING out there. In this article, we will discuss how to be more authentic online as a entrepreneur.
What does online authenticity look like?
The other day I received a thank you message via twitter. I do not know what I wrote that helped her. She did not say. Nevertheless, she felt touched enough to send me this message.
I receive lots of messages thanking me for my autheticity. So, you may be asking yourself – how can I be more authentic online?
Speak from a place of honesty, not intimidation
When you step into online authenticity, you are stepping into a place of positive emotional energy.
Authenticity involves being completely transparent about who you are, what you believe in, and your values. It means stepping into a higher level of energy where you do not just want to educate and inform, but inspire.
When you are thinking about inspiration you become less focused on the likes and shares and more focused on community. And when you have a community, then you can build a tribe.
A loyal tribe is more willingly to listen to your opinion, follow your advice and eventually, become your customers. This is one of the many ways of attracting more customers.
What does authentic content look like?
You may have heard of the 80/20 rule of social media posting. The majority of your posts (80%) is full of valuable content and the remaining 20% is adverting.
I want you to re-think this perspective.
100% of your content should be valuable. Every. Single. One.
Even if you are promoting a product or service, your post should have some valuable material.
Valuable information can come in different forms. For some, you can could use your content to educate about the quality of the product and how you guarantee satisfaction.
Your prospective customers want to be heard. Your prospective customers need to be understood.
Every piece of content should be able to say this: I hear your concerns about X issue and this is what you need to hear. Whatever your prospective customer is facing, you need to show up and offer solutions your solutions to them in a caring way.
How can I be bold and fearless online?
Being bold and fearless is the KEY to online authenticity. There is no exception to the rule. So, you may be thinking to yourself, “I am really introverted. I do not like a lot of stress. I just do not want to attraction any negative attention.”
And I get it. I am an introvert myself. My podcast is called, “The Introverted Entrepreneur.“
But I do not use that as an excuse to be sink back like a wallflower. If you are like me, you have a powerful and important message to share. And it is your responsibility to share it. You share your story because you know that you story is able to not just to help, but to heal others.
When you know that your story is important and needs to be shared, the anxiety and fears will slowly melt away. You will be as concerned of offending because you know how important it is to be honest, real and transparent.
Gaining a social media following is not easy but it does not have to be hard. As long as you keep showing up, being helpful and offering your audience real solutions your ideal client will notice and contact you. Trust and believe it.
If it happens to me, it can happen to you.
Got a questions or comment about how to be more authentic online? I would love to read it! Please let me know in the comment section below.